Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rackheath Springs and Otters
25-08-2013, 09:02 PM (This post was last modified: 25-08-2013 09:05 PM by Robert.)
Rackheath Springs and Otters
Hi everbody
I have received the following email ,from a members ,Name withheld,if any body can clarify the following information theres about 200 of members on the forum and should have possibly noticed the issue this member had
Hi Bob.
How's it going. Went down the springs today blanked spent most of the morning watching the otter chasing the carp around it's nearly tame now doesn't take any notice of you it's big as well. Nothing seems to be done down there. ?
Find all posts by this user
26-08-2013, 06:14 AM (This post was last modified: 26-08-2013 08:19 AM by bowlesm.)
RE: Rackheath Springs and Otters
Hi Robert

I went down there a few weeks back and did not spot anything, I also had a walk around the lake and must say that the fence is still in great condition. There are no gaps for otters to get through so find it hard that one has.
Never seen anything downthere recently.

Martin
26-08-2013, 09:03 AM
is this a very recent email robert?

Tongue Sometimes, when I fish.......I occasionally catchTongue

I'M ON THE COMMITTEE, SO ANY PROBLEMS, SUGGESTIONS OR IDEAS YOU MAY HAVE YOU CAN CONTACT ME AT ANY TIME, MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS phil-mcavity@tesco.net. AND MY MOBILE NO. IS
26-08-2013, 03:17 PM
I have been down only 2 or 3 times this year. Early morning and evening, been very stealthy and never seen an otter on the lake. Hope this isn't true.
26-08-2013, 03:55 PM
This report came in at 16:00 sunday
26-08-2013, 06:09 PM
well if theyve not given there name surely this is a windup

Tongue Sometimes, when I fish.......I occasionally catchTongue

I'M ON THE COMMITTEE, SO ANY PROBLEMS, SUGGESTIONS OR IDEAS YOU MAY HAVE YOU CAN CONTACT ME AT ANY TIME, MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS phil-mcavity@tesco.net. AND MY MOBILE NO. IS
26-08-2013, 08:57 PM (This post was last modified: 26-08-2013 08:58 PM by bowlesm.)
I also had another walk around the lake for a good hour this morning. The only thing I see were the large shoal of Bream, a good shoal of baby Perch and some good Carp.

No signs of any otters and I walked around the whole lake looking for tell tail signs of half eaten fish and did not spot anything.

Think this is rubbish mate?

Martin
26-08-2013, 10:04 PM
Hi Martin ,Was there any body fishing there today,what was the weed like ,I think some members have an attitude ,especially Carp specilist's,I have several facebook sites ,twitter emails feeding information 24/7 ,Their is some crap about in the angling world if you want to belive it all but some intresting like the charity Sky dive we went to this morning and just back from a few hours fishing and a couple of Tench ,roll on next weekend,try to put 20 hours a week on the bank ,the nights are getting longer ,the winter is coming ,tight lines might see you about sometime
27-08-2013, 03:35 AM
I also walked the springs on monday morning early. I didn't see any otters but at the shallow end opposite the dam I did find one footprint, which could have been from a otter, about a metre further on there is evedence of something has tried to get under the wire to get out. Further round, again at the shallow end on the sode opposite the car park there is the skeleton of a fish (6-8 pounds?).The skeleton is largly in tact and the bones are picked clean but it looks quite old. If it had been an otter kill i would have expected the bones to have been more disturbed, on the other if it wasn't an otter how did the fish get there, a good three or four metres from the water and not near any pegs. All of the fence that I walked is in good order, so this is a bit of a mystery. Anyone who wants to meet me there i will only be too pleased to walk round with them and show them the evedence.
27-08-2013, 06:55 AM (This post was last modified: 27-08-2013 07:04 AM by bowlesm.)
Hi Robert

No body fishing there mate. There were a lot more breaks in the weed this morning so not sure weather somebody has cleared the weed out or has started to break down. I will go there fishing possibly Saturday mate so will keep you posted.

Martin
Keith

Would like you to show me where you mean mate as if the fence is lifted slighty then I will drive some more pegs in there to stop it coming back in. I am free in the evenings this week so let me know when you are free.

Martin
Thread Closed